Before the weather gets too hot, spring is the perfect time to get a head start on car care for the rest of the year. Here are 5 ways to give your quality used car some special attention this season.
- Take it to the car wash. Spring cleaning isn’t just for your house. Freezing temperatures and salt from the road can do real damage to your used car’s exterior, so make sure to start the season with a car wash.
- Replace wiper blades and fluids. If your wipers are streaking or making a thumping sound, it’s time to replace them. You should also make sure to top off your windshield wiper fluid and reapply windshield treatments to repel springtime rain.
- Change the oil. Regular oil changes can make all the difference in making sure your quality used car has a long, healthy life. It’s best to follow your car’s manufacturer guidelines for how often to get your oil changed and which type of oil to use.
- Schedule a wheel alignment (and check your tire pressure while you’re at it). Winter weather conditions and rough roads can take a real toll on your tires. Potholes and poor road conditions can pull your wheels out of alignment and cause a host of problems, including stress on your car’s suspension, uneven tire wear, and other potentially dangerous issues. Bring your used vehicle to a car care center and have your car’s tires aligned and make sure they’re inflated to the proper pressure.
- Check your air conditioning. You can test your air conditioner by running it for about 15 minutes once a month. This will help the system stay fresh and active, as well as let you catch any potential issues before the weather gets warmer.
Are you in the market for a reliable used vehicle? As a premier buy here, pay here dealership in Hampton Roads, The Auto Connection helps people in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Richmond, Eastern Shore, Smithfield, Chesapeake and Newport News, VA get the financing they need to drive away in a quality used car, truck, SUV or van. Find out how easy it is to get a quality pre-owned vehicle of your own with buy here, pay here financing from The Auto Connection.
Get the approval process started from home with our easy online application.